Sunday 3 January 2016

2015 in Review





Hi there everyone, I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and a Very Happy New Year. 

I am sorry for my long absence, a lot of things happened this year and i wanted to briefly put them in review which i feel will clear up with my gap and will help me to move back into this year blogging with a clean slate. I feel like i'm letting you all in on some personal stuff here but i feel this will help me with the move into 2016.

At the Start of the year my Grandmother was sick and sadly had to be put in hospital. Over Christmas  2014 it was the sickest I had ever seen her and throughout January she didn't improve, except for one day, she was up and well and seemed like all was going to be ok. This was the last time she was ever going to be well and the last time i saw her would be my very last. She passed on the 20th January 2015. 

What makes me most sad, is she is the only grandparent i've really luckily had chance to spend time with. My other grandmother died when i was five and I never met my grandfathers at all.It was a funny feeling to deal with but i kept on and i kept blogging and posting as well as getting on with my life.

Life was a little slow, and then my father told me he was going to work in Venice for a year, this struck me a little, knowing his mum had just died and i was being left again by him. It wasn't any easy feeling but i guess now i am used to it.

The year went from ups and down, work got busy and life just seemed a little slow and not a lot happened. But i passed my theory test in April, which was something i really didn't think would happen.

June was a good month, my friends and I went on a day trip to scarborough which was really fun, we did all the cheesy typical things, the rides, the arcades and getting chased by seagulls on the beach and it was the hottest June day of the year. I also got to see Taylor Swift live, which was really awesome (I will be doing a blogpost about this soon) and she was really amazing to see live.

Life then got slow again, work got insane, we are in the middle of so many new product launches and a rebrand and it has felt like the most insane work year of my life. 

 But then the break came and I went to Venice to see my Dad, Venice is beautiful and a really stunning city to see, i even saw it flooded which for the first time going to Venice must have really been first time visitors luck. It truly is a stunning place and i am excited to visit this year.

I also went to see the Curious incident of the dog in the nighttime, i can't say my friends were that impressed with it, but i truly loved the show. 

Sadly then life took another sad turn, my uncle began to get sick, he went into hospital suffering from only minor sickness, but he was terminally ill with Cancer. We were up night after night, as nurses called my aunt and cousin in. And on October 29th, we lost him after a long battle.

This year has been a year of few ups and many downs, I lost two people who i love and dearly missed, and really i have felt more and more disconnected from friends and people in my life. It has been a hard one. This year, I want to change that. I want to do more, and maybe hope these people in my life feel like they want to reconnect more. 

I also will be getting back into blogging, the first few posts i want to do two posts on my trip to Venice and the Taylor Swift tour. I have a few things coming up in 2016 which i am looking forward to and hopefully i can plan more once i pass my practical test. 

Thank you so much for your support and i look forward to posting more this year. 

Lauren x

No comments :

Post a Comment